Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house
Dan Musicant Dan Musicant is offline

Default New (house) heating system... is this a good/great deal? -- Follow up call from guy who inspected my house

On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 04:40:31 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

:On Jul 7, 10:24*pm, Dan Musicant wrote:
: : This concerns me. I haven't done stuff like that before, running
: : ducting, installing registers. Would it be possible for me to pressure
: : test it?
: : :
: : :
: :
: :There is no pressure testing involved.
: :
: The guy from California Energy Services did say they'd pressure test the
: system.
: :
: :
:
:He may be talking about a "blower door test", which is
:done as part of an energy audit to find air leaking into
:the house. Basicly they place a fan into a door or
:similar opening, seal it up and then use it to create
:as slight pressure differential betwen inside
:and outside the house.
:Then they look for drafts coming into the house around
:windows, doors, outlets, etc to identify points that can be
:sealed to reduce heating/cooling load.
:
:That kind of audit can be part of meeting the reqts
:for the programs where the state or utility kick in
:rebates, funding, etc

Understood. Seems like a good test to do. Maybe my utility company will
do that for me. I have had some weatherizaiton done here but I'm sure
I'll want to look at those issues again once a gas heating system is
installed.

Email: dmusicant at pacbell dot net