Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Refrigerator Backup (Prius battery)

I know what you mean about dark and cold. I've been there.
For me, an hour of generator to run the furnace about dark,
sure makes my trailer a lot more comfortable.

I don't run after dark if I can help it, being considerate
of my neighbors. (who might also steal my generator.....)

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"jamesgangnc"
wrote in message

Then you are basically using your car as a generator.
Anyone can do
that. It's a rather cumbersome solution but does have the
virtue of
simplicity. The food in my fridge is not a real big worry
for me. If
we loose power for a couple days sitting in the dark and
sometimes
cold and cooking everything on the grill gets old fast. I
have a 4kw
generator I paid $500 for. It runs my entire house. I
backfeed. We
use the tv, the computers, the lights, the microwave, etc.
In the
winter we have central heat.