Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lawn mower repair question

Sounds like a fuel problem of some kind. My guess include
water in the gas, or bad gasket betwen the carb and the
engine.

If you're so inclined, tip the mower on its side. Remove the
float bowl, and dump whatever is in the float bowl. Tip the
mower back up, and let the gas drain for a second.

Wipe the gas off the deck and let it dry before you try to
start the engine. It is possible to light a lawn mower on
fire, yes, I've done it.

While you're working, snug the bolts that hold the carb to
the engine.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"PaulD" wrote in message
I am helping a neighbor with his push mower. He has a 6.5
HP Briggs
and Stratton engine.
When I prime the engine with gas using the little button on
the mower,
the engine starts up with no problem, but then quickly
peters out. Is
this likely a carberator problem? or a fuel supply problem?
Are there
any quick fixes that we can try.
I am willing to give him a hand, but I don't really want to
get into
rebuilding his carb or something like that. I might be
willing to
clean the fuel line. I didn't notice any fuel filter on
this unit,
but I might not be looking at the right spot.
Thanks,
Paul