Posted to sci.electronics.repair
spamtrap1888 spamtrap1888 is offline

Default Means of dropping watch battery voltage by .2 Volts

On Jul 8, 7:31*am, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 04:36:41 -0700, "William Sommerwerck"

wrote:
Here's another example... In the US, "geezer" is considered somewhat
offensive, implying excessive age or senility. In Great Britain, it's
something of a compliment.

No listing for "crap" in the British to US dictionary:
http://www.translatebritish.com/dictionary/c
but there is one for "geezer":
http://www.translatebritish.com/dictionary/g
which means "dude".

For settling such differences in interpretation, Americans prefer
litigation, where the winner is whomever is left standing after
everyone else runs out of money. *The British are move civilized,
preferring trial by combat.

Confession: *I like watching the old Dr Who shows. *(The new shows
suck). *The only problem is that I fail to understand most of the
subtle jokes, puns, political parodies, and UK specific terms.

It took me years to understand the difference between a quango and a
boffin.