Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default wood screws

On 7/7/2011 6:53 PM, dadiOH wrote:
Jack Stein wrote:
On 7/7/2011 11:43 AM, dadiOH wrote:
Jack Stein wrote:

I would tell anyone building a deck to think about this before
committing to screws. A box of 1000 bronze 2 1/2" boat screws at
McFeely's is only $1472.30, a bit much for a deck.

How about $633? That's their price for 1000 #10 x 2 1/2 bronze, flat head,
square drive screws..

I did 2 more searches on McFeely's today and didn't come up with the
price I had yesterday, nor your price today. I got $850/1000 today on a
search for #10 bronze screw, and for 2 1/2" bronze boat screw I got 3
hits, and it didn't even list the other sizes they have, all #12, and
all over $1000? I ain't spending any time on it, just was curious about
cost.

Mcfeely's search engine must be the same one Grainger uses, which is
awesome considering you never get the same hits twice with similar
search criteria...

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com