Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Means of dropping watch battery voltage by .2 Volts

Pay attention at the back. The comment was made in respect of the fact,
quoted from the user guide, that even with the original correct battery
type, when a new one was fitted, the watch would run fast for a few days
whilst the terminal voltage settled. Gareth suggested, with tongue in

cheek
humour that is being misunderstood by William, that this made the design
"crap", a word that is used in the UK with a slightly different emphasis

when it is used in America. I then followed on, with similar tongue in

cheek
humour, that this unfortunate characteristic of the design, made a bit of

mockery of the fact that the name was obviously based on the adjective
"accurate", which obviously, it isn't for those few days ...

I misunderstood nothing. You refuse to apologize for an offensive remark in
a situation where the listeners did not -- COULD NOT -- know the context.
How much more explanation does that need?

You cannot say whatever you like, then refuse to take responsibility because
the poor, benighted listeners didn't know.