Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default 2 knob or 3? wiring?

On 7/6/2011 10:45 PM, bob haller wrote:

anyone reading this just call and try to get homeowners insurance with
K&T.....call state farm.

I've told you this multiple times before--if you have difficulties in
your location, it's a local/state/regional thing, _NOT_ nationwide.

Am heavily involved in revitalization effort in older part of home town
and many of those houses are still K&T; we have very limited funding for
these projects so there often are severe constraints on what can be
accomplished. We therefore do not automatically simply rip out existing
K&T but evaluate condition during the restoration and go from there.
There has never been an issue of the homeowner being refused insurance
even when the wiring has not been replaced.

As noted, it is still covered by Code; there's no basis for removal or
denial of coverage on that basis.

You really should restrain the blanket statements.