Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Base cabinet for front-load washer?

RicodJour writes:
On Jul 4, 6:10=A0pm, "RimaNeas" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

m...

Remember the ditty: "A pint's a pound the world around." Eight pints to=

gallon =3D 8 pounds.

Or, 4cf washer =3D 4 x 7.5 gallons/cu ft =3D 30 gallons x 8pounds/gallo=

n =3D 240
pounds

Don't forget the basket of dirty clothes sitting on TOP of the washer.

Absolutely... =A0I just took 10% of 1 metric ton instead of the 11%.... t=

hen
again the washer can only take 3.7 cuft so it all works out. =A0Not much =

of a
defense actually, since I had not even thought of the water weight
originally :-)

Ummm...the 3.7 CF is the overall volume of clothes, not the volume of
water. Read the specs on your machine - it'll tell you how much water
it uses per wash, then divide that in two (wash/rinse) and you'll know
the rough amount of water inside at a given time in the cycle.

Yes, my bosch front-loader doesn't have more than three gallons of water
present at any one time. All the water is held by the clothing, very
little is present in the drum. Certainly well below the level of the
door.

These aren't the old front-loaders where the water level was at the top
of the window on the door. You won't see the water level at all.

scott