Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default 2 knob or 3? wiring?

When my daughter wanted to buy a K+T wired house about 15 years ago, I
specifically asked the insurance agent if K+T wiring was a problem.
He said no, there were many more problems with aluminum wiring causing
fires than K+T wiring.-

note you said 15 years........ thats a long time..

before all the wild unpredictable weather that wipes out entire
communities and costs insurance megabucks in losses

plus insurance is a competive business. why should homeowners
insurance companies take on higher risk customers? that hurts their
bottom line

K&T homes are functionally obsolete, with just ONE outlet per bedroom,
few outlets overall, requiring lots of extension cords, with a long
lifetime to aquire hacked upgrades, like the photo in this discssion.
K&T doesnt use boxes for connections, thats a real hazard. a buddy of
mine has K&T and has connections fry.

will the posters who claim K&T is fine please post if they still have
it???

every time this topic comes up we have the same discussion