Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sealing the lids on paint tins

On Tue, 5 Jul 2011 20:11:59 +0000 (UTC),
(Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

I've never had a skin form in any tin stored upside down.
Skin forms because refitted lid rarely seals perfectly and
you get slow air exchange, but it does seal much better if
you store the tin upside down (and is noticably harder to
open;-).

Skins form with the can in any orientation, trust me.

By the way, I noticed on the instructions on a tin it
said "do not open with a screwdriver". So what are you
supposed to use? I used a screwdriver...

http://goo.gl/0UizX The proper tool. Buy one with the widest, longest
tip for the best results. Paint stores usually have a can of 100 or so
on the checkout counter.

--
Just getting back after a farkin' virus ate my computer.
I'm still without any email or usenet archives. sigh