Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour[_2_] RicodJour[_2_] is offline

Default Base cabinet for front-load washer?

On Jul 4, 6:10*pm, "RimaNeas" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

m...

Remember the ditty: "A pint's a pound the world around." Eight pints to a
gallon = 8 pounds.

Or, 4cf washer = 4 x 7.5 gallons/cu ft = 30 gallons x 8pounds/gallon = 240
pounds

Don't forget the basket of dirty clothes sitting on TOP of the washer.

Absolutely... *I just took 10% of 1 metric ton instead of the 11%.... then
again the washer can only take 3.7 cuft so it all works out. *Not much of a
defense actually, since I had not even thought of the water weight
originally :-)

Ummm...the 3.7 CF is the overall volume of clothes, not the volume of
water. Read the specs on your machine - it'll tell you how much water
it uses per wash, then divide that in two (wash/rinse) and you'll know
the rough amount of water inside at a given time in the cycle.