Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Base cabinet for front-load washer?

RimaNeas wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
Sounds like a plan. I have two suggestions:

1. Overbuild. A washer full of water is VERY heavy. Use screws,
glue, and metal bracing.

2. Plan on a pull-out drawer in the base to store stuff.

Oh too funny... I had not even thought about the weight of water!! Lets
see, a 4 cf washer can hold .11 cubic meter of water which comes
in at another 220Lb... and if the dryer is full of wet heavy clothes.
Yep, that's heavy. Thanks for pointing that out.

Remember the ditty: "A pint's a pound the world around." Eight pints to a
gallon = 8 pounds.

Or, 4cf washer = 4 x 7.5 gallons/cu ft = 30 gallons x 8pounds/gallon = 240
pounds

Don't forget the basket of dirty clothes sitting on TOP of the washer.