Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default 2 knob or 3? wiring?

On 7/4/2011 8:45 AM, leza wang wrote:
my home is like 70 or even more years old (not sure really). I want to
know if i should upgrad the wiring. the electrical panel shows i have
100 amp. I have been told if i have knob 2 wiring then i should change
it to 3 knob wiring. My question, how can I know if i have 2 knob
wireing or 3? in the main floor, i have all power outlet with 2 holes
(+,-) upstair I have power oullet with 3 holes (+,-, ground)
Thanks a lot.

As another poster said, if you're not having problems or symptoms
(including such things as flickering or dimming when turn on large
appliances), likelihood is you're not in terrible shape.

There will be at least one regular who will insist it _must_ be done now
and spout insurance as the reason amongst other ravings.

My real answer is "we can't tell from here".

You need your own system evaluated by an expert who can see and touch it
and determine the state.