Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Base cabinet for front-load washer?

On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 09:01:12 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

m II wrote:

Save your money and time, each wash. Get an old fashioned top load
and have some actual storage cabinets above it on the wall.

With a top-load washer your clothes will actually get clean in less
than four hours of waiting without detergent residue to irritate your
skin. If you want to save water get a suds saver machine. The fad is
fading, from poor user experience, just as it did back in the 50s and
60sm before, due too many problems that haven`t been fixed yet. It`s
all hype no matter what the sales con-artists are telling the
wallets. I have experienced a few very expensive machines.

Flame away

Not me - I'm not going to flame your comments. We bought a front loader a
few years ago, and if I had to do it again, I'd have a top loader there now.

That's what I thought when we bought the Whirlpool Cabrio (agitatorless
top-loader). After 3-4 years, its transmission is just about shot (sounds
like jet-powered cement mixer). Evidently it's a *very* common failure and
costs upwards of $700 to fix. It seems all washers are crap anymore.

Front loaders require HE detergents or the tub bearings get eaten alive,
they really do not clean as well as top loaders.

Nothing wrong with HE detergents but the tub bearings are a problem with
front-loaders, in any case. That's why I went with the Cabrio. Good plan;
lousy implementation.

But - it's down there in
the laundry room now, and it'll stay there until the time comes when it's
going to cost me money.

Best idea of all.