Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour[_2_] RicodJour[_2_] is offline

Default Base cabinet for front-load washer?

On Jul 4, 10:48*am, RonB wrote:

Not flaming but we have had front-loaders for about a year now and
love them. *We have \had them long enough to be sure our water and gas
consumption are down. *Wash quality is great. *Granted, a year isn't a
valid test of durability. *But our daughter's family of seven, who has
been using the Sears front loaders for six years without problem is.

Ditto on the front loader. Works fine, quiet enough, cleans well and
four or five years in. The only thing I find irksome is the beeping
when the load is done doesn't automatically shut off.

Addressing the OP - We considered building the base for ours before we
started serious shopping. *I was concerned about the wear and tear of
spinning. *As it turned out, we made a sale deal that was cheap enough
it wasn't worth the time or money to build it.

Another ditto. I used to build everything for every thing, and now I
pick my battles. A washer stand is not high up on the axis of evil
list, so store bought (on sale) it is.