Dennis Slabaugh, Hobbyist Woodworker

Default WOODCRAFT SALE

This is a great example of an informative post.. Thanks Bob Davis!

Dennis Slabaugh, Hobbyist Woodworker
www.woodworkinghobby.com

"Bob Davis" wrote in message
ink.net...
There was a recent thread about the Harbor Freight dust collector.

Everyone
that had one was satisfied with it. It apears to be a lot more collector
than the Delta. It apparently can carry two 4" hoses connected. I have a
jet of similar size. I think two hoses are a big step up for getting both
the cabinet and above table parts of a table saw.

By the way, I have never owned a cloth filter unit. I read anecdotes about
the mess cleaning these. It also seems to be a common upgrade to replace
the 30 micron bag with a felt bag that has much greater filtering
efficiency. I have a jet collector with the cartridge filter. This had

much
greater filter area and is very efficient. You can buy the cartridge as an
upgrade for many collectors.

Be prepared for initial disappointment with any dust collector. You may
have to spend time frittering with hoods, chutes, and gizmos to make the
collection on each of your machines work well. Just because it has a 4"

dust
port doesn't mean that you can hook up and do a good job. My Jet Supersaw
has an enclosed cabinet and 4" port. It only began working moderately well
after I spent time to seal up the gaping holes around the tilt adjustment
and splitter attachment. I've spent three months prototyping all kinds of
approaches to capture the dust above the table. Its been highly

frustrating.
I originally viewed my $500 jet collector as a giant boat anchor. I think
I'm on the last leg of prototypes and the results are very, very
encouraging, but its been a long road.

Bob

"WARRENRN1" wrote in message
went to woodcraft over valentine's day weekend.....ok, it was a side

trip
after
we went to some needlepoint shop for my wife..... and was looking at

dust
collectors. looked at the jet and the delta. am leaning towards the

delta...
the smaller 2 bag unit going for $159. i was told by one of the sales

guys
that delta is having a 10% off sale on all their power tools (dust

collectors
included) this thursday... feb 19.
i have seen an ad for the harbor freight collector on sale for $149.

both
have
30 micron upper bags.
asking for opinions about how each work...compared to one another. i am

not
going to set a collections system thruout the shop, but rather attach it

to the
machine i am working with at the time.
any help in determining would be appreciative. BTW.. the sale is only

for feb
19. and if woodcraft is out of stock or on vback order, they will honor

the
price change.
so says the sales guy at woodcraft.