Posted to rec.woodworking
k-nuttle k-nuttle is offline

Default Base cabinet for front-load washer?

On 7/2/2011 7:09 PM, RimaNeas wrote:
eed any special design considerations for the base or its top? I
imagine the appliances would want to walk some, so a lip would be in order
and the dang things are heavy, but I normally build beefy. I am thinking of
a tiled top for the cabinet... Any info/experience would be appreciated.

Cheers, Shawn

This is just my opinion but it seems that it would have to be quite
solid and fasten to the wall. Have you ever seen a washer walking
across the floor when things get out of balance?