Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default New (house) heating system... is this a good/great deal?

Dan Musicant wrote:
If I have just one heater it will cost me around $7500, with 2 it
will be $13,290 after 2 rebates from my utility company, PGE
(evidently about $150 each), a "voucher amount" of $4000, federal tax
credit of $400.

Sounds like an awful lot of money. Get an estimate from a contractor you call
and see how it compares before you even consider this. Plus, check with your
state contractors licensing agency about the contractor's reputation, and google
their name plus the word complaints,or scam, or crime. When you contact the
state, make sure you have their state contractor's license #.