Mike Hide

Default Anyone use CAD software to design projects?

I just checked Ebay there are versions on ebay for $30 you cant go wrong.
when I did the last library I used a local millwork company's moldings .
Their brochure had their molding shown full size and drawn to scale .I just
added this to my Turbocad library so I could add their moldings into my
drawings ..... If nothing else get a TC version just to learn on .

These programs not only have CNC applications but the later programs have
rendering features that show designs in almost any aspect with photographic
quality . Thjere are not that many customers that understand
blueprints/drawings but most do comprehend pictures...mjh

--

"Mike Hide" wrote in message
I am not talking about anything illegal . I am talking about copies of
turbocad. Ihave an old version 6.5 that Ibought from turbocad . From that

learned the basics, enough to do my basic drawings, for a room I was
paneling . then I realized even with this version it would be years before

could take advantage of the total program. CAD programs are so extensive
there are no end of stuff you can do with them . simple two dimensional
drawing doesnt even scratch the surface Autodesk is probably the rolls

royce
of cad priograms and of course it comes with a rr pricetab, turbocad in my
opinion is a good alternative,and as Isaid earlier versions can be found

on
ebay...mjh

--

"Russell" wrote in message
In article %XrYb.49524$jk2.117758@attbi_s53,
says...
You can pick up copies of CAD programs on EBay very cheaply....mjh

--

"Michael Press" wrote in message
I'm looking for opinions/suggestions for a 2D CAD program that's
inexpensive (yeah, that's vague, but figure $100) and useful for
designing furniture. This is purely weekend hobby work, but I'd

like
precise drawings of my designs. I also imagine that it would be
useful to generate a bill of materials, a cutting list, maybe a

"map"
of cuts on a sheet of plywood.

I'd also appreciate links to CAD reviews from a hobbyist

woodworking
point of view. (This article is what got me thinging -
http://www.woodcentral.com/bparticles/cad.shtml)

I'm a computer programmer, so I'm not afraid of a steep learning
curve.

Thanks,
Michael

Fine if they are new but remember that Autodesk are reknown for their
vicious attacks on illegal users and autodesk licences are not
transferable....