Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Outdoor socket question

"Lobster" wrote in message
news
On 01/07/2011 21:41, dennis@home wrote:

"Dawn" wrote in message
My daughter has just moved into a house that has an outdoor socket
installed. Its an MK socket, looks like it could be a Masterseal.
Is there a magic way of opening the cover? We have tried just lifting
it from the bottom, but it refuses to move.

You have to press up on the tabs underneath the bottom edge.
It can be hard when new as I found out.

Mine's 10 years old, and I still can't flip the bloody lid open without an
implement of some sort.

I had one from wickes (I don't recall the brand) which was so tough I
eventually ended up ripping the front off the hinges opening it one time as
I pulled a bit too hard and it opened faster than usual.