Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default OT Your opinion? Giving someone a ride.

On Jun 27, 10:46*pm, "Robert Green"
wrote:
wrote in message

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 07:51:35 -0400, "Robert Green"
wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
m...

"mm" wrote
I insisted they go to the hospital, and I was glad it was MY car.

We were there an hour or two, and the doctor didn't really do
anything, so my "friend" argued that he was right, all the way back

Baltimore.

We were in Virginia and coming home through Baltimore. *My wife was not
feeling well the past couple of day. *They she said she wanted to see a
doctor NOW! *Ended up at Chesapeake Medical Center where she stayed for

6
days. * Had we continued, maybe she would not be here.

My ex-boss *didn't* listen to his own "inner voice" telling him that
something was wrong as he pushed himself to make a cross-country drive in
record time. *Cost him dearly as a blood clot formed in his leg from lack

of
motion, broke off and became a pulmonary embolism. *Proof that people's

need
to "get there fast" can sometimes mean getting to a very bad place. *When

my
dad had his first stroke I drove 12 hours from Asheville, NC to DC after
being awake all day to arrive in rainy rush hour. *Nearly killed myself

in a
spin-out I was so tired. *Danger, Will Robinson, Danger! *Glad to hear

you
made the right choice. *It's very easy and tempting not to, some times.

Twelve hours from Asheville to DC? *That's ~500miles or only 40MPH. *We

just
drove from E. Alabama to N. Vermont (1300Mi) and back in a little over 22
hours each way (over two days - two weekends), including stops (but not
counting a side trip down Skyline Drive).

Seemed like 12 hours once I hit I-95 northbound rush hour traffic in the
rain. The last 50 miles took longer than the rest of the trip. *DC area rush
hour traffic has been consistently recognized as some of the worst in the
nation. *Stop and start traffic after hours of "free running" is pure
torture for the over-tired. *It's like being rocked to sleep. *Going 5 to 10
mph for the last leg of the trip will really screw up the average.

Yup yup yup

similar trip I will go 50+ miles out of my way to avoid the DC area
entirely. Seems like you barely get past Richmond before it starts to
back up.

nate