Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Computers on the way out

In article ,
"chaniarts" wrote:

try reading for comprehension. the E911 site's computers go down. EMS calls
my company for service. i'm sitting 1500 miles away and don't get the call
because i happen to be sitting in the same restaurant that you're using your
jammer in. the E911 site computer stays down until I service it. the people
in the E911 area don't get a LEO dispatched for 10 minutes rather than the
30 seconds it would normally take.

You are the only person in the entire world 24/7 that can answer
this call? What happens if you, yourself, are incapacitated. My
contention was that for most people (there may be a few exceptions and
you may even be one of those), there is no need for them to bother me.
They can just do things when someone else is on first call or make
arrangements to cover for them for awhile.