Posted to alt.home.repair
chaniarts[_2_] chaniarts[_2_] is offline

Default Computers on the way out

Steve B wrote:
"chaniarts" wrote

his jammer would, of course, do the equivalent of turning off my
phone without my knowledge. considering that my customers are
running E911 services, if i can't help them, his jammer would cause
police/fire/ambulance departments not be able to dispatch for calls,
or at least being delayed when they have to fall back to
paper/pencil dispatch systems.

Of course, there would be NO land lines for people to call 911 for an
emergency in church or in a restaurant, right? Cell phones would be
the only form of communication. We're talking about zapping a boob
who's being a boob. We're talking about momentarily interrupting
service. We're not talking about a long term blockage. Apparently
you don't know how these things work. Just as long as you hold the
button is as long as they work. It's not as if one sets it to block
for hours.
Do the math, genius.

try reading for comprehension. the E911 site's computers go down. EMS calls
my company for service. i'm sitting 1500 miles away and don't get the call
because i happen to be sitting in the same restaurant that you're using your
jammer in. the E911 site computer stays down until I service it. the people
in the E911 area don't get a LEO dispatched for 10 minutes rather than the
30 seconds it would normally take.

it doesn't really matter if anyone at the restaurant we're in can reach 911
in their local area. they're not involved. it's the (many) thousands of
people in the remote area that are involved. their emergency services
computer isn't up, and won't get up until i get notified whereever I am, not
where the E911 computer is.

And heaven forbid dispatch has to do a little work, and not rely on a
GPS signal from a cell phone which may be erroneous. What if a
witness from across the river calls it in? Or a witness in a high
rise? Seems to me that they would like to have the location of the
ACTUAL emergency, and not the witnesses.

heart attack or rape in progress victims are rarely called in to EMS from
far away. usually it's the next table or a passerby.

HTH, but I doubt it.

Steve

self rationalizations to avoid having to think about the far reaching
consequences of your own illegal actions.