Darwin

Default Anyone use CAD software to design projects?

Lastweek I purchased Autodesk QuickCad 8 at Staples for $53
w/tax. I am pleased with the program, and have used it to lay
out the next couple of projects. The learning curve isn't too
bad as it seems pretty intuitive. There's features I would like
have included...but for the money, I won't complain.

Good luck!

Darwin

Michael Press wrote in
:

I'm looking for opinions/suggestions for a 2D CAD program
that's inexpensive (yeah, that's vague, but figure $100)
and useful for designing furniture. This is purely weekend
hobby work, but I'd like precise drawings of my designs. I
also imagine that it would be useful to generate a bill of
materials, a cutting list, maybe a "map" of cuts on a sheet
of plywood.

I'd also appreciate links to CAD reviews from a hobbyist
woodworking point of view. (This article is what got me
thinging - http://www.woodcentral.com/bparticles/cad.shtml)

I'm a computer programmer, so I'm not afraid of a steep
learning curve.

Thanks,
Michael