Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Ping Bill, in Indiana; Anyone near Waverly, Ohio?

Swingman wrote:

One person can load a Unisaw, on a mobile base, easily with a pickup
truck equipped with a Tommylift tail gate.

For a box truck, where the bed is much higher off the ground, two are
ideal ... one to push the lift gate button, and one to steady the
extension table (which is hanging off the lift) for the longer trip up.

Neither person has to lift anything.

Thanks for mentioning that part of the process. I had wondered about it.
In a pinch, I could probably find someone to push the button for me!

By the way, Swingman's words weren't wasted on me--mobile bases wouldn't
ship for 5 days--and that was too vague for my purposes now.

A mobile base is almost a necessity for most of us with a cabinet saw,
unless your shop is so big that you'll only move it once/in.

I will be sure to have a mobile base.

Bill