Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Anyone got a Flymo hover.

Count de Monet wrote:

My 330 was the same, it would only pick up a very small amount of grass
no matter which way round the (new) blade was fitted so I changed it to
a mower with wheels which fills the grass box completely.

How can a mower that is designed to float on a cushion of air that must
be flowing towards the ground to create the cushion then cut grass that
must be flattened to the ground by the downward airflow.

And then, whatever it has managed to cut, and blow downward
amongst the uncut grass, has to be sucked back up by the second
fan (i.e. not the blade), and blown into the grass box.

My new Bosch mower mentions this in the sales blurb. This mower uses
wheels and a fan to suck the grass upwards before being cut and blown
into the grass box. This mower produces a vastly superior close cut than
the Flymo ever did.

Absolutely! Basic physics ;-)

I have the Bosch Rotak 34, and find it very manoeuvrable on my
smallish lawns.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK