Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default OT Your opinion? Giving someone a ride.

On 6/29/2011 10:11 PM, Jim Yanik wrote:
z wrote in
:

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 10:56:06 -0500, Jim
wrote:

z wrote in
:

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 09:57:45 -0500, Jim
wrote:

z wrote in
:

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 09:33:52 -0400, willshak
wrote:

Jim Yanik wrote the following:
z wrote in
:

SWMBO wants a convertible. A little wind isn't going to save
me any money. ;-)

I'd never own a convertible;they can be cut,they are noisy,and
they rot. No security when the top is down.

Even worse is when the top is up. Not only can they steal your
stuff, but you'll have to buy a new top.
DAMHIK.

How is that different than breaking the glass?

you can cut open a soft top quietly. you probably would not even set
off any alarm.

Do you think anyone would notice either way? Alarm? What alarm?

Some people DO notice.
It helped me one time when thieves came to break into my car.

Didn't work for us (apartment, either).

essentially,the alarm is to alert YOU,not anyone else.
and you have to be prepared to confront the thieves
yourself(armed,IOW),because police may not arrive in time to catch them.

Not to mention dealing with your ****ed-off neighbors who had to listen
to the alarm until it reset itself, if it gets tripped when you aren't home.

--
aem sends...