Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Your opinion? Giving someone a ride.

On 6/29/2011 10:56 AM, Jim Yanik wrote:
z wrote in
:

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 09:57:45 -0500, Jim wrote:

z wrote in
:

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 09:33:52 -0400,
wrote:

Jim Yanik wrote the following:
z wrote in
:

SWMBO wants a convertible. A little wind isn't going to save me
any money. ;-)

I'd never own a convertible;they can be cut,they are noisy,and they
rot. No security when the top is down.

Even worse is when the top is up. Not only can they steal your stuff,
but you'll have to buy a new top.
DAMHIK.

How is that different than breaking the glass?

you can cut open a soft top quietly. you probably would not even set off
any alarm.

Do you think anyone would notice either way? Alarm? What alarm?

Some people DO notice.
It helped me one time when thieves came to break into my car.

I used to install a lot of vehicle alarms and I would install several
very loud piercing high frequency sirens inside the cab of the vehicle.
I set them to put out different tone patterns so they were often out of
phase which made you feel like someone was pulling your brains out
through your ears. I often installed several sirens on the outside of
the vehicle too along with a module to flash the lights. The folks I
installed them for said the darn things would wake the whole
neighborhood at night when some dobad messed with their vehicle with
the dobad running like hell when the beast of an alarm went off. Some
of the vehicle alarms I installed had a pager to go along with them and
the customer could catch a thief or the jerk in the parking lot who
bumped his car.

TDD