Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Ping Bill, in Indiana; Anyone near Waverly, Ohio?

Leon wrote:

Bill I rented a 16' lift gate truck a few months ago and it cost me
about $450 for 4 days.

Thanks for reminding me about that Leon. I WAS able to locate 22' lift
gate trucks (Penske), but they were not available for "one-way" rental.
The rental price was some nominal amout + .79cents/mile. Of course, at
almost 500 miles, the latter, along with gas, might be significant. As
you may have read, Swingman described your efforts at moving a saw on a
mobile base using a lift gate truck as practically effortless! One thing
is certain, next time I see a saw, I will not have to search for the
answer to the question, as I have done more than once before, "HOW can I
move that saw by tomorrow?"!

For the saw auctioned today, I wasn't even sure how I was going to get
it onto the liftgate by myself so I was tentatively chose the plan which
left me with a trailer hitch.

By the way, Swingman's words weren't wasted on me--mobile bases wouldn't
ship for 5 days--and that was too vague for my purposes now.

Bill