Posted to alt.home.repair
chaniarts[_2_] chaniarts[_2_] is offline

Default Computers on the way out

On 2011-06-29, wrote:

Say a family member needs a medical procedure. Would you prefer
reading old magazines for 5 hours instead of the recovery nurse
telling you "give me your cell number and I will call you 45
minutes before you need to pick them up"?

What horsecrap! You are so busy in your life, your own family
members can't count on 5 hrs of concern on your part? They are so
insignificant a business deal or dinner date is more important and
THEY should be put on hold?

Take yer cell phone and jam it up yer ass! ...and don't bother to
call.

nb

Talk about bizarre conclusions.

Do some thinking for a moment. Suppose you are in the waiting room
biting your fingers because that is what they show on TV to show
concern. Do you imagine the door will fly open and they will ask you
to scrub in because they ran into issues they can't solve? Would it
make any difference if you were standing across the street looking at
the waterfall in the park?

A family member had lifesaving surgery at one of only two of the
hospitals in the US that could do it. They are a premiere teaching
hospital. Not only do they look out for the patient but they do their
best to comfort and accommodate the family.

So when we brought him in for the surgery we stayed in the room until
after midnight with no objections from the hospital. When he came out
of surgery we were allowed in the ICU where they brought him when he
came out of anesthesia.

When I bring him back for a followup outpatient procedure which will
be necessary forever the nurse is the one who says "I am nurse Jones,
please give me your cellphone number and go out for a walk or for
lunch and I will call you" because they know you can prove nothing by
sitting in the waiting room getting frustrated and imagining
everything. And they also know that over 80% of the population have a
cellphone so it isn't an unusual idea.

Times change and ideas change.

And that was a nice respectful reply when no one attacked you. I
suppose that is part of your 99 year old cowboy persona with the
"jes" this and "jes" that?

there are plenty of tests or procedures that take a long time but have no
need for someone to wait for. dialysis comes to mind. the patient may need
dropoff/pickup, but certainly sometime to wait with them is unnecessary.