Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Computers on the way out

On 6/29/2011 6:41 PM, Steve B wrote:
wrote in message
Kurt Ullman wrote:
no one in a theater NEEDs outgoing OR incoming phone calls.

so, doctors being paged out of their kids' 3rd grade play never
occurs.

Or anyone else who has a responsible job. Easy to handle though
because you put the phone on vibrate and if you see a CID that you
recognize as important you quietly make your way out to the lobby
and call back.

Shouldn't occur. That is what partners covering call is for. There
was a place that used to take the pagers from their patrons, put it
in a rack with their seat number. If it went off, they came and got
them. I don't know of anyone that is so important they NEED to be 24
touch.

because you don't know of anyone, of course, means it never happens.

i'm on call 24/7 providing customer support for a computer company. i AM
the covering call. i can either sit at home next to my phone, or i can do
normal things like go out to to the corner restaurant for dinner or a
local movie as long as i don't mind being paged out to go home at a
moments notice. i prefer to have at least a modicum of a life.

And yet you're educated beyond your capacity and the vibrate feature eludes
you?

Steve

I missed where he said he didn't used vibrate mode.