Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Ping Bill, in Indiana; Anyone near Waverly, Ohio?

chaniarts wrote:
Bill wrote:
chaniarts wrote:
Bill wrote:
Sonny wrote:
On Jun 16, 10:30 am, wrote:
Lot 8072 is single phase:

You can call Delta, give them the serial number and they can tell
you how old that saw is.

Sonny

Auction ends in 90 minutes..the Unisaw has been on my mind.

Issue is transportation (220 miles each way):
Costs:

About $300 to buy a trailer hitch w/installation
$140 for a 5'by9' trailer with a ramp (U-Haul, 1-way rental)
$150 to load (estimate was provided)
$100+ for gas

which comes to $690 not including any costs to unload.

This is discouraging from placing the next bid for the saw--
$850 which is essentially $1000 including buyers fee and sales tax.

It may be better to wait for one a little closer to home, or even
buy something new--but I learned A GREAT DEAL mulling over this!!! Thank
you folks! You still have time to talk me out of/into it!
LOL Bill

do you know anyone with a pickup truck that would help you out? you
can rent a box truck for50 from uhaul for the day.

My neighbor, who has a pickup, would be willing to drive me across
town, but I wouldn't ask him to spend a whole day driving out of state
with me. Not only that, using a pick up may require taking apart the
saw (which Swingman, smartly I think, discouraged).

the pickup may already have a hitch, saving you the $300,

Yes, it does. But I am not willing to drive another man's truck 500
miles. None of the car rental companies are willing to rent a vehicle I
could use for towing. This Unisaw was going to cost north of $2000
after expenses, plus time and effort, and with possible risk during
transport, and no warranty. For $2750 Amazon will deliver a new one to
your door. At least, that was the deal until about 3 weeks ago. Current
3rd party seller wants $3299.

I really did learn alot through this process that will ready me the next
time around. It was actually "over-stimulating". Like I said, next time
I will be ALOT more prepared.

Thanks,
Bill

although if you
installed it on your vehicle, then your wife could buy that piano that she's
been wanting.

For those that are interested: Final auction price on the 1999 Unisaw
(36-816), with unifence and overhead guard and fold-down outfeed
table, located in Mid-Ohio, was $1135 + 10% = $1249, plus sales tax
of course.
Bill