Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Computers on the way out

On 6/29/2011 3:02 PM, chaniarts wrote:
Steve Barker wrote:
On 2011-06-29, Steve wrote:

I want one.

Wouldn't we all! Unfortunately:

"Anyone caught manufacturing, selling, owning, or using a jammer
in the U.S. is punishable by an $11,000 fine and up to a year in
prison for each offense."

Have a good attorney on retainer.

nb

That's really funny because the people who sell the cellphone
jammers have revealed the fact that their biggest customers are US
government agencies Federal, state and local. I would get a small
one to switch on and off whenever some rude asshole makes inappropriate
use of
their cellphone because the importance of emergency calls concerns
me. I would hate to be responsible for interfering with an
emergency call to a doctor or someone who's job is to protect
people. Those type folks will excuse themselves and go to a quiet
area to carry on a conversation. I can usually tell who the rude,
mindless, selfish jerks are so I would enjoy a small jammer to
mess with them by making their calls drop off. TDD

OR. OR OR they could just pick up a DAMN corded phone and use it.
We did just fine without cell phones.

The house phone is usually out in the lobby but I know that in the
more exclusive restaurants, the waiter would bring a phone to a
patron. I've never seen a corded phone brought to someone in a
theater or movie. The people with class know how to act with a
cellphone and will go to the lobby to use their cellphone.

TDD

no one in a theater NEEDs outgoing OR incoming phone calls.

so, doctors being paged out of their kids' 3rd grade play never occurs.

Or anyone else who has a responsible job. Easy to handle though because
you put the phone on vibrate and if you see a CID that you recognize as
important you quietly make your way out to the lobby and call back.