Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Computers on the way out

On 2011-06-29, Steve wrote:

I want one.

Wouldn't we all! Unfortunately:

"Anyone caught manufacturing, selling, owning, or using a jammer in
the U.S. is punishable by an $11,000 fine and up to a year in prison
for each offense."

Have a good attorney on retainer.

nb

That's really funny because the people who sell the cellphone jammers
have revealed the fact that their biggest customers are US government
agencies Federal, state and local. I would get a small one to switch
on and off whenever some rude asshole makes inappropriate use of their
cellphone because the importance of emergency calls concerns me. I would
hate to be responsible for interfering with an emergency call to a
doctor or someone who's job is to protect people. Those type folks will
excuse themselves and go to a quiet area to carry on a conversation. I
can usually tell who the rude, mindless, selfish jerks are so I would
enjoy a small jammer to mess with them by making their calls drop off.

TDD

OR. OR OR they could just pick up a DAMN corded phone and use it. We did
just fine without cell phones.

You can leave me out of the "We did fine without" group.

I would never ever go back to the days of wasting time because I didn't
have communications. If for example the utility notifies you that they
need to get into the apartment you own would you prefer hanging out for
the day waiting or having the utility person call your cellphone from
their cellphone 30 minutes prior to when they would be there?

If you were say driving to an event in the next state would you rather
find out there was a problem (person in accident etc) after you drove 4
hours or would you prefer to be alerted shortly after you turned the key
in your car?

Say a family member needs a medical procedure. Would you prefer reading
old magazines for 5 hours instead of the recovery nurse telling you
"give me your cell number and I will call you 45 minutes before you need
to pick them up"?

And the list goes on. There is just too much utility value not to have
and use one.