Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Shower leaking into wall?

In article
,
Higgs Boson wrote:

Thanks, Bob. I'm reassured that you're going to be by my side,
pointing a very strong flashlight and holding a stun gun for the Black
Widows. Plus a boombox emitting soothing meditation music for
claustrophobia. So equipped, I am (almost) ready to tackle the new
challenge, after shower has been on leave for a few weeks.

FWIW, I bought a house several years ago that had had a long-term leak
in the bathroom, and the previous owner had not repaired the damage
properly. I hired a guy to take the fixtures out and rebuild the floor.
But neither one of us really wanted to go slithering around in the crawl
space, to evaluate the extent of the damage. Finally I said, look, the
repair has to happen from up here, so let's just tear into it until we
have a big enough hole to see what's rotten, and enough working room to
fix it.