Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Power Grid Freq Variations To Be Allowed

On 6/26/2011 7:42 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 6/26/11 7:25 AM, dpb wrote:
harry wrote:

None of the above mentioned devices rely on accurate frequency
control.

Well, my turntable does...

--

I wonder how many people under 30 know what a turntable is. Spinning
records? Etc.

About 10 years ago, I was at a bowling alley when a little kid about 8-9
years old came up to the counter and asked the clerk if he could use the
phone to call home. The clerk reached under the counter, pulled out an
old Western Electric rotary dial desk phone and the kid was completely
dumbfounded. The kid had no idea how to operate the old telephone. ^_^

TDD