Posted to alt.home.repair
larry moe 'n curly larry moe 'n curly is offline

Default Wheel Barrow handle splinters

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Today at someone else house, I got a splinter in my thumb
from a wooden handle wheelbarrow. The woman there had got a
splinter, also.

I'm thinking coat of polyurethane, wrap in electrical tape,
sports tape, the wide stuff with the zigzag edges, spray
clear spray paint. Who has this knowledge? Tried and true,
please.

Epoxy and smooth the handles, then cover with big fat heatshrink
tubing. Tape comes off or becomes a bit messy from the adhesive.
Self-fusing tape isn't tough enough to stand up.