Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Fishel Larry Fishel is offline

Default OT Your opinion? Giving someone a ride.

On Jun 25, 3:55*am, mm wrote:
OT *Your opinion?

On a 3-day weekend a while back I went to a singles event at a beach
front hotel

On Saturday a woman at least 30 y.o. had heard that I lived in the
same city she did, and asked me for a ride home on Monday. *(Most of
those there came from my city or another one.)

I said, "Sure. *I drive a convertible."

How should she have interpreted those words?

Well, after I read that line I assumed the rest of the post was going
to be about how she thought you were trying to impress her, which is
at least as reasonable of an interpretation, especially for anyone
who's never ridden in a convertible with the top down (if you've only
seen it on TV or in the movies, you might think your hair wouldn't
move). Not to mention that this is a singles event where she's had
guys trying to impress her for the last 3 days...

You probably could have spared another 3 seconds to be more clear...