Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default How to turn off fire sprinkler?

On 6/25/2011 6:39 PM, mm wrote:
On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 17:25:41 -0400,
wrote:

And, believe it or not. most consumer electronics/PCs (with the possible
exception of of LCD displays), handle getting wet pretty well, as long
as it is not immersed and the water is clean. I've salvaged plenty of
stuff that was left outside, or under an accidental sprinkler discharge.
Unplug, hold upside down to drain, field-strip it,

I think it would help if you explained what field-strip means here.

In this context, it means take it apart as far as you can, and still be
able to put it back together. Take the case off or apart, take out any
boards that are held in place with screws and unpluggable connectors,
pull the knobs off- basically anything that wouldn't take a Real
Electronics Expert (which I am not) to put back together. Use eyes and a
real bright flashlight, and maybe a cheap VOM, to look for any simple
mechanical damage, or contaminant trails that can easily be cleaned out.
Use VOM or flashlight to check fuses, and any solder joints that may
have cracked that can be repaired without specialized tools.

--
aem sends...