Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wheel Barrow handle splinters

I think sanding, and linseed is the answer. The oily rags
are safe if laid out flat, or hung over a towel rack. They
only combust if crumpled, so they can keep the heat in. The
spontaneous bit only happens with natural oils, not petrolum
oils.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve B" wrote in message
I may be back in a few months, or I can contact them by
mail. I'm curious some ideas to make the handles safer.

Sand smooth with a jitterbug and coarse paper, then slather
with linseed
oil, repeat as wood absorbs oil until it stops absorbing
oil.

WARNING: Linseed oil left on rags can spontaneously
combust.

Steve