Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default OT Your opinion? Giving someone a ride.

On Jun 25, 3:55*am, mm wrote:
OT *Your opinion?

On a 3-day weekend a while back I went to a singles event at a beach
front hotel

On Saturday a woman at least 30 y.o. had heard that I lived in the
same city she did, and asked me for a ride home on Monday. *(Most of
those there came from my city or another one.)

I said, "Sure. *I drive a convertible."

How should she have interpreted those words?

She didn't say anything about the car in return. *Come Sunday, we left
at 3 or 4, on a beautiful summer day, and as usual for me, I had the
top down. My friend who I came with was in the passenger seat and she
and a girlfriend were in the back seat. *She asks me to put the top
up. * I said, "I told you I had a convertible." *

I figured, Why would I mention that if I wasn't planning to put the
top down? * (With the top up, it's like any other car.) *She had two
days to get a ride with someone else if that was a problem. *I would
have looked for a ride for her, too.

Why in the hell did you go to a singles event then?

Jimmie