Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

Default OT Your opinion? Giving someone a ride.

On Jun 25, 1:55*am, mm wrote:
OT *Your opinion?

On a 3-day weekend a while back I went to a singles event at a beach
front hotel

On Saturday a woman at least 30 y.o. had heard that I lived in the
same city she did, and asked me for a ride home on Monday. *(Most of
those there came from my city or another one.)

I said, "Sure. *I drive a convertible."

How should she have interpreted those words?

She didn't say anything about the car in return. *Come Sunday, we left
at 3 or 4, on a beautiful summer day, and as usual for me, I had the
top down. My friend who I came with was in the passenger seat and she
and a girlfriend were in the back seat. *She asks me to put the top
up. * I said, "I told you I had a convertible." *

I figured, Why would I mention that if I wasn't planning to put the
top down? * (With the top up, it's like any other car.) *She had two
days to get a ride with someone else if that was a problem. *I would
have looked for a ride for her, too.

==
What this has to do with "home repair" has yet to be explained but I
don't expect an acceptable answer.

My opinion of the situation is: The passenger didn't like the
turbulence of the wind so unless you HAD to have the top down for some
vain reason, then you should have put it up and have been considerate
for once OR should have returned her to her originating point and
continued on your way without her. Gawd, its not rocket science.
Anyway, what difference does our opinion make? Apparently driving with
the top up didn't kill you...grow up.
==