Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default is it legal for a UK 13A mains plug to _not_ have a fuse? dodgycamera battery charger?

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 23:50:47 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

drugs began to take hold. I remember Andy Dingley
saying something like:

There seems to be no other market that is so prone to dangerous shoddy
goods being sold through eBay.

Huh. My local hardware store stocks a range of ****-made lampholders
that fall apart with the heat of a 60W bulb. Guess where they're made.
Annoying thing is, they're a direct copy of a well-established UK make
and I thought I was buying something half-decent.

ISTR a discussion here a while ago re MK items. The ones sold by B&Q are
apparently manufactured to a lower spec..

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org