Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default is it legal for a UK 13A mains plug to _not_ have a fuse? dodgy camera battery charger?

In article
..com, Andy Dingley scribeth thus
On Jun 24, 9:53*am, airsmoothed wrote:
On Jun 24, 9:31*am, airsmoothed wrote:

Making sure that you use a proper audiophile mains plug of course, a
mere 108 quid!:-

http://www.mains-cables-r-us.co.uk/m...ains-plug.html

try again:-http://tinyurl.com/67oymhk

"made from Eutetic brass "

I'd be a lot more convinced of their veracity if they could actually
spell the word.

Thanks for that, the whole page is a delight to read - especially the
fuses.

What do these people ever listen to? Direct-cut acetates of Elf-song,
recorded live at Rivendell?

I've got a new microphone on my desk at the moment - large diameter
condenser vocal mic. Banged out by a factory in China (I was at Uni
with the Singaporean EE student who now runs the place) for just under
a hundred, UK RRP and a right good bargain.

If the noise is low enough which it often isn't with those ones..

Especially when the same
mic goes out the other door at the same factory, in a different box
and with a different shock mount for £350

Name names then Andy if you will!...
--
Tony Sayer