Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default is it legal for a UK 13A mains plug to _not_ have a fuse? dodgy camera battery charger?

drugs began to take hold. I remember The Night Tripper
saying something like:

Solution? Turn up a solid brass 'fuse' in the lathe and insert it into
the 13A plug. No more blown fuses after that!

I've seen that done on Hifi equipment as well, for reasons of improved
sound quality (takes cover...)

Only if it was turned out of high-purity iternium and cossetted between
a maiden's thighs during transport, to preserve the vibration wunderfim
of the molescular matrix, thus ensuring the ultimate quound sality.