Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley Andy Dingley is offline

Default is it legal for a UK 13A mains plug to _not_ have a fuse? dodgycamera battery charger?

On Jun 24, 9:53*am, airsmoothed wrote:
On Jun 24, 9:31*am, airsmoothed wrote:

Making sure that you use a proper audiophile mains plug of course, a
mere 108 quid!:-

http://www.mains-cables-r-us.co.uk/m...ains-plug.html

try again:-http://tinyurl.com/67oymhk

"made from Eutetic brass "

I'd be a lot more convinced of their veracity if they could actually
spell the word.

Thanks for that, the whole page is a delight to read - especially the
fuses.

What do these people ever listen to? Direct-cut acetates of Elf-song,
recorded live at Rivendell?

I've got a new microphone on my desk at the moment - large diameter
condenser vocal mic. Banged out by a factory in China (I was at Uni
with the Singaporean EE student who now runs the place) for just under
a hundred, UK RRP and a right good bargain. Especially when the same
mic goes out the other door at the same factory, in a different box
and with a different shock mount for £350