Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Satellite locating tool

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 13:03:31 -0700, Oren wrote:

[snip]

The direct tv receivers (I've used) had an on screen menu (use remote
to find it). Put in your zip code and it lists some choices for
alignment (satellite). The same also has a signal strength meter that
gets louder when best aligned.

The ones I had wouldn't change the volume. The frequency would get
higher as the signal got stronger.

My old dish had a crude elevation gauge stamped in the LNB frame. I
just used a compass for a ballpark, then adjusted using the software
menu and slight moves adjusting the dish.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"Any slogan simple enough to fit in a .sig is too simple to do any
good."