Posted to alt.home.repair
Tegger[_3_] Tegger[_3_] is offline

Default Satellite locating tool

GROVER wrote in news:c7086222-8073-4ff8-8a30-
:

On Jun 21, 12:45*pm, (---MIKE---) wrote:
Let me explain why I want this. *I have two dishes for the Dish network

.
They have been working well for about ten years. *The dishes are aimed
through a hole in the trees. * The problem is that the trees are growin

and I would like to determine when I can expect tree branches to block
the signal (and what I have to do if it happens). *I would like to aim

tool at the satellite and be able at the same time to see the nearby
tree branches. *Possible?

* * * * * * * * * ---MIKE---In the White Mountains of

New Hampshire

* (44° 15' *N - Elevation 1580')

From your second post it seems you have an arborist problem, not an
alignment one. Call a tree man (One with a bucket truck) and have
him open up the window in the branches.

JoeG

Or you can move the dish, which I've had to do twice in the 12 years we've
had our dishes.

The first time was because of my neighbor's birch, which eventually blocked
the signal. I moved the dish to the roof, where it came loose, then I moved
it to its final spot, which is a less-than-ideal one. Then my neighbor's
birch died and he cut it down. By that point I was tired of moving the
dish, so I never took advantage of the birch's removal.

--
Tegger