Posted to uk.d-i-y
zen83237 zen83237 is offline

Default Charging mobile phone

"Another John" wrote in message
I had to buy a new phone today as it gave up but assuming it isn't the
battery how can I charge the battery so I can get the data off of the
phone?

Umm -- being thick here, sorry: everyone's assuming that the phone will
not work when plugged into its charger. Is that so?

I mean: I recently changed my phone for the same reasons: my phone
worked ok when plugged in, so I transferred all data (not much!) to the
SIM, then swopped the SIM out to the new phone, transferred all data to
that phone, then swopped the new SIM back in. (Advice to do this is in
my new phone's instructions booklet.)

...But I guess your phone's not working when plugged in...

John

----

Not now. The connection was a bit iffy for a week. Lay the phone down in not
quite the right position it would stop charging then I would have to hold
the plug in tight but now nothing.
I will try and find somebody with a phone with same battery the get the
contact list off of it but Samsungs don't seem that common.