Posted to uk.d-i-y
zen83237 zen83237 is offline

Default Charging mobile phone

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article , Zen83237
writes
I have been having problems charging my phone for a few days. I suspect
the
socket in the phone. 2 different charges wont charge it.
I had to buy a new phone today as it gave up but assuming it isn't the
battery how can I charge the battery so I can get the data off of the
phone?

Phone make? Battery type?

Sony Ericssons are notorious for the base contacts clagging up. Clean with
a new toothbrush[1] and neat alcohol (IPA).

[1] Glass fibre brush better but not everybody has one.
--
fred

The phone is a Samsung. I bought another one so I had the same charger but
this one has a different battery.
The contact list is on the phone hence my need to get it to wor again